Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - What wax do you use?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #77
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,521, Level 98
Points: 27,521, Level: 98 Points: 27,521, Level: 98 Points: 27,521, Level: 98
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I think the stuff that I use is more akin to paint sealant than a wax. I'm lazy. I just want to protect the paint so it won't fall off like my dad's old Honda that wasn't waxed in like 10 years. I used to use Liquid Glass, but I'm having trouble finding it now- and once it's old it doesn't work very well. I found some similar stuff called TR3. There are some things I like better about it. On the unfinished black plastic, Liquid Glass used to stain it white forever. Nothing got it off but time. This stuff seems to rub off- with a good bit of rubbing- and leave a shine. If it wasn't so late in the season, I could tell you more about it.

I'm anti-carnauba wax. 2x it has attracted more bugs to my car than I want to have. Once it ruined a perfectly good 87 Cutlass Supreme I spent months repairing the finish on with carnauba- yeah the finish looked great, it was the ants that invaded it that ruined it. That was back before camera phones or I could more accurately show you what an ant nest under auto carpet looks like. I prefer waxes that bugs don't like to sniff.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.