Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Zetec swap updates......
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Zetec swap updates......

I went from this:

During:

To this:

Then I sent the car off to the dealership to have the PATS system reprogrammed so I could start the car.

That's when it went all down hill....
I followed the tow truck to the dealership and waited until he unloaded it, I told them the exhaust isn't finished, it's all there it just needs the two ends welded together. They said they don't do exhaust, so I was like ok I guess ill just drive it as is down the street to the muffler shop when you are done.

*hour later I went back*

They told me, "The engine started, but it didn't sound right so we shut it off. Now it won't restart it just clicks".

I went out and gave it a try, same as above it just clicks. But I can see the belt rotate slowly and smoothly while it clicks, so I know the engine is trying to move something is just weak to crank it over. I tell them to go ahead and look it over and let me know before they fix it.

They call me three or four days later and tell me a rod broke a hole in the block and filled the oil with antifreeze, they say it's unfix-able and recommend another engine.

I say that I'll come and get it, I can't afford another engine right now. So me and another friend go pick it up that night. I get it home and crawl under it and find this.

Looks to me they got the engine running they drove the car backward and slammed the exhaust into something and bent the shit out of it. which most likely killed the engine duh......

That's clearly why it won't start, it can't breath! Due to the fact I live in a apt. complex I can't have a broken down car or they will tow it at my expense. So I park the car till I can get some garage space.

Well now it's garage I get up under it today and find all this.

Just a FYI this is how the flex pipe looked when I dropped it off to them.

So now I need to charge the battery and see if she will start..... that's where I'm at now.