Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Anybody done an E85 conversion?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #42
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmemoreboost View Post
Sure the systems fail when people are stupid and don't check their system, or, as you said, if they're stupid and they run out.

If you keep an eye on the system and make 100% sure you set it up properly, the odds of it failing and blowing your motor are slim.

Tuning on the bleeding edge with meth is a little crazy, unless you have the funds to fix the motor or a spare motor somewhere. But that's how tuning is regardless of meth. You tune for the bleeding edge and you run the risk of something failing and blowing the motor up. That's performance. You risk shit everyday.

As I said last time we had this discussion, chris johnson of sct told me that he tunes for meth injection. One of the most highly regarded tuners in the country, if not the world. So, you do what you want, but tuning for meth is necessary or there is no point in running it at all.
Beating on your chest about chris johnson doesnt do much for me , water meth cools the charge and it can do that with out tuning for it , use it as a safety add on not for performance , if you need more power then add 1-2psi more boost , if you have a proper size intercooler for the boost your running then you chouldnt need to add WM to cool the charge , WM has HUGH benifits with out tuning for it

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus