Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Anybody done an E85 conversion?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #37
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 51,026, Level 100
Points: 51,026, Level: 100 Points: 51,026, Level: 100 Points: 51,026, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Its my opinion but tuning for water meth injection is a bad idea , people run out of fuel every day , some for being a moron , some for thinking they can go another mile and make it to the station , some for the gauge stops working etc

Meth is no exception
people run out of meth
switches fail
wires brake
connections come loose
lines get holes rubbed in them
tanks get holes and old and leak
jets get stopped up
I could go on and on but the result is BOOM lost engine , because it hasnt happened yet doesnt mean it wont or doesnt happen every day

If your tuner does his job properly and you knock sensor isnt turned off (99% of all tunes turn of the knock sensor because there very hard to tune and get working properly ) then when you spray the water meth and the ecu / knock sensor sees there is no knock it will add extra timing if and only if the engine needs it all by it self till it sees knock then maintain the safe knock the engine sees it needs

This is yet another reason to NOT tune for meth if tuned right the Focus doesnt need the timing to be added where it HAS to be used it can be added where it needs to be used but only if the knock sensor is on and adjusted to work properly

Those that want to run water meth please do so , all I can do is post what I have seen tuning cars for a long time and a lot of them , you have to decide after that

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus