Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Trans flush/filter change Worth the effort to DIY?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #22
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That idea would work marvelously. I also have decided on cars before to not disconnect at the stock fitting, they can then leak after being removed sometimes. I will cut the steel line in an easy to get to spot and simply overlap the cut with rubber line after doing the drain. Do NOT use anything but higher pressure line when doing that, either known oil cooler line or high pressure FI line. If you use cheap every day low pressure fuel line it will blow out, rated for only 5-7 psi, the cooler gets 30 psi and higher. I also use FOUR worm drive hose clamps, two on each end. The slick tubing can let hose slip to move if you only have one on each end.

Done right lasts forever.............

I prefer drain plug though, great for any later changes, this trans has a pretty good filter, no need to change it every time oil changes, and certainly no need asking for trouble when moving solenoid and temp sensor wiring around. That well cooked wiring can start breaking when it gets older.