Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 03 SVT sway bar hitting body...need suggestions
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #37
onesveetsvt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84625
What I Drive: 2003 Screaming Yellow SVT EURO

FF Reputation: 3 onesveetsvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi everybody,
I believe that I'm experiencing the problem explained in this feed. On my SVT I have the Koni sport springs paired with the Koni Str-t struts all around. I did an autocross last week and pushed the car harder than I ever did before. Now, in the passenger side wheel well when ever the strut goes up and down on any uneven surface I'm hearing this rubbing sound (like Chik-cah chik-cah). I took it to my mechanic and he told me that it looked like the sway link was hitting the body so he grounded off part of the sway link where it was hitting, but its still making this sound. I'm pretty sure my sway bar shifted from the autocross but the sound that I'm experiencing isn't this loud clank that everybody is claiming. My questions are, 1. does it sound like I may have the same issue going on with the sway bar moving? 2. when everybody says that the sway bar shifts to the left, do they mean in the direction of the drivers side? (b/c depending upon where you stand, left can be either way)

btw, my mechanic said the whole front end received a good bill of health.