Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ridiculous fuel mileage
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #15
Darth_Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104539
What I Drive: 2012,Tuxedo Black, Titanium

Points 2,129, Level 27
Points: 2,129, Level: 27 Points: 2,129, Level: 27 Points: 2,129, Level: 27
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 Darth_Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdiv View Post
If your city driving is real downtown Toronto driving I wouldn't expect much as far as mileage. I have a really short commute, and the cold engine combined with city driving gives me around 13L/100km. If I get on the highway and reset things get much better. No 18s, and no real hot dogging, either. I would also say that you can't really say you're getting into F-150 territory, because that's assuming that the F-150 would be right around its estimates where the Focus isn't.
I'm actually mississauga area and I really wish i could sue the province for what they have done to our cities. They look like war zones. Gridlock beyond comprehension. I've been to L.A. What's that like 19 million people in that region? They have no where near the problems of an area of 5 million. Disgusting. My area is not as bad as Toronto, but the minute I'm off the highway and touch that gas pedal, the avg economy number starts climbing instantly.