Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Crunch sound when going over dips???
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
katkrazy2007
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105248
What I Drive: 2008 Ebony Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 katkrazy2007 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeath2000 View Post
Front. IF it's the splash guard, fixing it depends on what exactly is wrong, may be a simple bolt/push plug has come out, maybe the plastic cracked. Have to see it.

Are driving over this dip in the morning straight on or one tire at a time (like driving over a speed bump and only having one tire go over the bump)?

Before you leave in the morning push on the corners of your car in an effort to cycle the shocks/struts on each corner and see if that changes anything. Maybe it's something thats needing lubrication and sitting over night it settles and that dip in the morning frees it up. Just guessing and throwing crap out there :)
mrdeath2000, thanks for that tip! I will definitely check out the splash guard and try the cycling thing tomorrow. I haven't driven her any today so far. I'm thinking its something that is caused by sitting overnight/cold weather. Hoping and praying anyhow. I'm just gonna keep on driving her for a while and not worry about it and we will see what happens!

And to answer about how I drive over it, I am going straight over it without angling my tires at all. Its straight on. I hope this helps!! (: