View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #121
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Crap. Just got back from the dealer. I had a downloaded copy of 3.5.1 on USB and a paper copy of the TSB in hand. I didn't have an appointment but was hoping they would just let me sit out in the parking lot and install myself and just write it up and give me the A4 card when I was done. They wouldn't let me get away with that. Damn. Oh well, at least they are honest. Anyhow, I have an appointment for 6:00 pm Monday.

Fortunately I called Monday when the TSB was issued and they knew nothing about it and had to look into it. They called back later with more info and said they just ordered some A4 cards and would tag one with my name. We walked back and checked with the parts dept. and sure enough one was there for me so I don't have to wait. He said they are getting them in slowly.

While I was talking with the service manager about the TSB, he said they got that Monday and then two days later got a recall notice from Ford that put all lot cars on demonstration/delivery hold until they are updated. They can't show customers MFT unless it is a car that has been updated and they can't deliver a vehicle to a customer until it has been updated. He said they are getting the A4 cards in such small lots that they have people waiting that can't pick up their cars (and they are annoyed).