Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Might be rebuilding or replacing with only 92k
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #12
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 13,750, Level 76
Points: 13,750, Level: 76 Points: 13,750, Level: 76 Points: 13,750, Level: 76
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 67 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardgeneration View Post
^^That is a cool idea, Im running to the shop to see what they came up with. They dropped my oil pan at my request to fix a leak, however , they want to make sure it's not the rear main seal. If they had time to look into the noise I'll go from there.
Thanks for the replies. I'll search build threads to get an idea of cost to rebuild. But that is worst case scenario. I'm hoping its something simple.

Edit: I was able to see under the car up on the lift. The oil pan was pulled and I personally inspected the internals that I could see.
Everything looked good and the shop agreed. If it's anything, it's on the top end. I'll see how it sounds after I get it back today.
If you have a front or rear seal leak you'd see it seaping out, not likey you have a leak. For noise's=your on a chain w/ solid lifter's= that transfers noise. I'd be grabbing a clearence gauge & checking your lash & then I'd be looking at your chain tensioner & chain guide's. I beleive you need .08-.10 in.& .10-.12ex. for your lash. Check the spec's 1st.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131