ixNay
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105565
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 ixNay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peridigm View Post
I'll try to clear a few things up for you.

1) You will not see anything on any display anywhere in the car as far as the remote start options programming is concerned.

2) You need to find the red LED which is located on the remote start module, most likely tucked behind your glove box. Park the car in the garage or do it at night for best viewing of the LED.

3) Once you hear the horn chirp four times you are in bank 1. Press and release the brake pedal once to hear the option you are on in bank one. The horn will chirp once for option 1, press brake pedal again to hear the horn chirp twice for option 2, etc... As you cycle through the options, pay attention to the LED light. If it's red, the option is enabled. Push the remote start key fob button to toggle the option. This is where I was doing it wrong.
It took me about 20 minutes and some extra reading to figure out the button on the end of the remote start cable is only used to cycle the banks.

4) After you have your settings the way you want, simply kill the engine to save the settings.

Good luck!
This is a big help, I was not sure what I was doing up to this point obviously! Thank you to peridigm for putting things into perspective...

Success!!
I have the push button start (2012 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback)
I get in with all doors closed. I push the start button (Without brake) and the car panel lights up into accessory mode I guess (so to speak).
I locate the button on the remote start module behind the glove box.
I press in the brake and hold it while I press and hold the button on the remote start module for approx 10 seconds. The car chirps 3 times.
I press and release the button (dont hold) again and the car chirps 4 times.
let off the brake
To cycle from option 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 and so forth you tap the brake (Dont hold). The car will chirp signifying which bank your in. 1 chirp for bank 1 and so forth.
To turn on/off a function at the selected bank you push the remote start key fob button on the key ring. The light will either light up or go off (LED light stays on solid red when enabled/off when disabled)

The LED light near the remote start module behind glove box will be solid red when option is enabled (On) and (Off) when disabled.
** I will add a little note that with my experience, I have noticed at times when I am tapping the brake to select the next option, the horn does not always chirp. Instead, you will hear the remote start module make a click sound. It will click X amount of times indicating which option you are in. Regardless, if you do not hear the horn chirp listen for the module to click, it will still program normally. **

This is currently the setup that I have and followed that was posted by Yamazama earlier in this post. I still have only 1 issue which I can manage for now, until I figure it out and that is I cannot shut the car off with the remote start fob with the below settings that I have.

-No honk at start
-No shut off when handle is touched or if the door or liftgate are opened.
-15 min run time
-2.5 sec hold on button to start

Menu Description:

Option Bank 1 - 4 chirps
Option 1: Tach Learn (N/A)= OFF
Option 2: Door Ajar Polarity(On=pos; Off=Neg) = OFF
Option 3: Key in sense Polarity (On=pos; Off=Neg) = ON
Option 4: Extended Horn Output (On=3x horn output; Off=Normal horn ouput) = OFF

Option Bank 2 - 5 chirps
Option 1: Blind Crank of Tach Mode (On=blind crank; Off=Tach Mode) = OFF
Option 2: Crank Time (On=1sec; Off=8sec) = ON
Option 3: Run Time (On=15min; Off=10min) = ON
Option 4: Start Activation (On=hold 2.5 seconds; Off=double press button) = ON
Option 5: Diesel Timer (On=30sec crank delay; Off=No Delay)= OFF
Option 6: Hon on Start (On=honk confirmation: Off=No honk) = OFF

The key to the no horn/no shutoff combo is changing Bank 2 Option 1 to OFF in combination with Bank 1 Option 4 to OFF. If you leave Bank 1 Option 4 ON it will chirp 4 times at start up but not shut off on door opening. You can toggle the other options to suit your prefs. Those 4 chirps are just the system telling you that your tach needs to be programmed because you've changed Bank 2 Option 1 to Tach Mode (which it isn't) so it expects a signal between the remote start module and the engine. There is no connection in this case, hence the error chirps. I am not sure at all why this works. I'm uncertain as to why Tach Mode seems to cancel the auto shut off. If you make a mistake you can always reset the settings to default by holding the transmitter button for 3-4 seconds while in menu mode at any time. Next, change Bank 2 Option 1 to ON, and you should be at your factory installed settings.

Please post your experiences.
Yamazama

Last edited by ixNay; 11-10-2012 at 02:04 PM.