Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Brakes overheating?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Nathan89
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104916
What I Drive: 2004 Gunsmoke Grey Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Nathan89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Brakes overheating?

Hey,

So I'm driving a 2004 Focus SE 2.3, 4 door sedan.

The issue is that I bought this car a month ago from some shady dealer here in florida as-is, it had 59k miles on it, one previous owner. I replaced the tires which were down to the wire to find a cracked and discolored rotor, discolored calipers and the brake pads both inside and out were metal on metal with the rotor, and the brake fluid was beyond corrupted. So I replaced all this, put in new rotors, calipers, bled the system (2 man method since my 1 man kit didnt fit the bleed valves), and put in new pads. It's been 3 weeks and just over 1k miles and the calipers are extremely discolored again (the same rust red it was before). I'm genuinely concerned even though everyone I've asked attributes it to the salty humid conditions here because there is no way from my (limited) understanding that the pads would be down to metal and the rotor cracked with so few miles on the car right? Any help on this is appreciated!