Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Oil leak?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:35 AM   #4
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You have a warranty, use it. That could be a rear engine seal or transmission input seal. Either way, it's the fault of the manufacturer, and they should repair it. I'd work with FCS on this site and make sure you get a loaner car. I'd imagine your car will be in the shop for a couple of weeks depending on how quickly they can jump on it. With this sort of repair, they should keep the car after the repair, and drive it to be sure that it was done correctly. I'd write down the odo reading- as I always do- but don't be surprised to see 50 miles or so more than you had when you dropped it off. They should make sure that it has as least as much fuel in it as it had when you dropped it off. I'd use the phone camera to capture the image of both when you drop it off.

Because of the storm, if they want you to wait, it's ok. Leaks like this are no big deal. Just monitor the oil level, and document mileage. IDK how you'll add transmission oil- or what the trans oil is for that matter- but there should be some sort of method.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.