Originally Posted by Thildemar
Any way to get 3.5.1 on nav systems? Can dealer still do it or are we stuck waiting for SD cards?
I got 3.5.1 installed today from the dealer and I have navigation in my focus. I have only driven the car for 30 minutes since the update, but here are my initial impressions. Most of the changes I notices are with the navigation system. I see the following changes with 3.5.1:
1) The change view button was moved from the top right of the map screen to the left side next to the north up button
2) the "Dest" button has simpler options, not sure if anything is missing, but there is only 1 Page of options instead of 2. The good thing about this is the Previous Destinations button is now on the first Page meaning you can access it while the car is moving.
3) The phonebook now stores address (via bluetooth connection) again. This feature was not working in 3.2.2. I think there might be a limit to the number of addresses that can be imported now, as only 90 of my contacts were imported. So not sure what is wrong here...
4) Not sure how to explain it, but entering addresses into navigation is now through a pop up window. So if you cancel your address entry or cancel a search for POI you are taken back to the previous screen you were on. (previously the system would just stop were you were and you had to touch the screen to back out)
5) there is a "menu" button in the top right corner of the map screen that opens a pop up menu to mute audible directions, access navigation preferences, cancel route, edit route. There are 2 more options, but I don't remember them off hand.
6) Bluetooth audio button now has 3 light options, just like you have fm1, fm2 and fm3. Not sure if this is a new feature or ui bug, but I hope this means you can have 2 or more phones connected to the system via bluetooth and receive/make calls or play music from either phone. I only have one phone connected now, but will hook up my wife's phone in the next few days and see.