View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #2412
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here's my short review of 3.5.1 from the little bit I've played around with it. I'd like to say it fixes and solves a lot of the fundamental problems with the system, but alas - it's pretty much exactly the same as the previous incarnations. It sucks.

Here's what I've noticed that is different. You have an option to put the temperature in the clock again. When you play an MP3 you get a lot of generic MP3 album art depicting the genre of the music the system thinks you're playing. It's insulting and annoying. Just fix the problem of vanishing artwork. Playback is hit or miss. I get a lot of indexing and building media commands all over again. I have to unplug and replug my zune 120 EVERY TIME I START THE CAR because MFT doesn't recognize it at first. My ZuneHD still is not recognized for some reason even though it played perfectly with MFT for over a year. There's no point in taking it to the dealer. They basically tell you to fu** off. Customer service on a personal level is abysmal but that's for another time.

There are a handful of minor toggle and switch changes and that's it. Nothing more to report. Another letdown from Ford and the MFT team. I'm seriously thinking of never buying Ford again, which makes me wonder how much potentially money they've lost forever just from this one forum alone. I bet it's over $100k. Anyhow, if you want the temperature back next to the clock, by all means install. If not, no big deal. Either way remember, don't update if you have NAV as you will require a new SD Card.

.5 out of 5