suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
Mine was built on July 28th 2011. Is it considered an early build?
Is there some kind of online calendar for build dates so I can situate my build date?

I can easily imagine FF's comming out of the Michigan plant every day, but are they grouped into batch's or Tiers or something? That could help the dealer that's going to check on my tranny, hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Yes, I'd consider that fairly early (Mine is a May 2011 build). I'm sure there is some type of internal calendar that tells Ford technicians when product changes went through, but I wouldn't have any access to that...

At least per the motortrend article there was no mention of a change to the clutches until november or december of 2011 following at least one software update/ tsb. At least as far as I recall.

They were building 2012 models (at least the final confirmation prototypes) at the end of 2010 and retail production started by Feburary or March 2011. So yes June 2011 is still fairly early in terms of the production life cycle.

Now unless they would give up that propriatary information its unlikely that we'd know what changed when.