Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Might be rebuilding or replacing with only 92k
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #7
boardgeneration
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97319
What I Drive: Redline 13 Dodge Dart Rallye

FF Reputation: 1 boardgeneration Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I have a couple different types of fluid pumps here at work. Ive rebuilt many of them due to bearing wear so I know the sound of a bad bearing. The sound I'm hearing is similar to bad bearing noise. I guess it's more of a rattle and not really a tick.
I was merely asking what to expect to budget for a build up if I find something serious. I certainly not going to be throwing money at it right at the moment without investigating more. Im not a mechanic but I do most of my own repairs within my ability.
I'm changing the oil and filter again just to eliminate any issue there. Maybe I bought a defective filter. Cheap insurance. The shop is looking into it a bit more as well to help diagnose it.
I would eventually like to turbo it, so a build wouldn't be a total waste anyway. I would also love the experience to tare down and rebuild a motor once in my lifetime anyway.