Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Might be rebuilding or replacing with only 92k
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
boardgeneration
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97319
What I Drive: Redline 13 Dodge Dart Rallye

FF Reputation: 1 boardgeneration Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Might be rebuilding or replacing with only 92k

So I had my car towed to my mechanic yesterday thinking it was a dead alternator. Turns out it was only a fuse blown. But how it blew and if it will happen again is unknown.
While they were working on it they heard a slight rattle or tick. It started about two weeks ago I told them. It hasn't gotten worse but has concerned me.
I guess my question now is owing $4k still on the car, what would be my best option.
I have no problem with the thought of rebuilding and beefing er up. Or would just finding a junk yard it rebuilt and swapping be my best option.
To those who have done a duratec 2.0 build up, what is a good estimate on a build up. I don't know enough about the engine to do the work myself so if I scored all the parts I would find someone to do the work.
What have people here threw at their build as for price before install?
I plan on searching build threads to see what people have done but could use some ideas as well.
If it helps, after December 1st ill have about $300-500 a month to put towards a build. That's a max budget each month.