Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Would you buy a rental?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #18
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 44 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F35-JSF View Post
Personal experience. The insurance you buy with the rental seems to absolve alot of people from guilt of abusing the car. I've seen people hit curbs, back into fire hydrants, hill hop, etc. I've also seen people bang shift the auto, force the car over redline, over load the car in weight and use the car to try to push another. Hell, I know a guy that rented a cavilier and autox'ed with it.
but even still, that represents a very small percentage of the cars rented. Most people one put a few hundred miles on a rental car. For that one person I would be willing to bet there is at least 10-20 that dont abuse it. As far as insurance most dont require you to purchase the rental companies policy. I dont i used my own insurance with a rental which saves me money and makes me more responsible with the car. Most people do the same as me.

I would rather take the chance on a rental with a little abuse, than possibly getting the used car that the person has abused for the entire life of the car.

And rental car companies keep records on maintenance on the car. To find a used car on the lot with those kind of records, Slim to none.
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!