Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/ford-tumbles-a...--finance.html

Do your own diligence on the hundreds of posts here about this problem but I would ask you to consider a few questions.

1. Ford says the hesitation/stumbling problem is normal, why then does Consumer reports include it as a bad thing in its reviews?
2. Many other brands have this transmission, do they all have a similar problem? (my VW GTI did not)
3. when cold weather hit new england, 2/3 of my problem went away. If it is normal, why did it go away ?

If you like everything else about the car, like I do, you need to be tactfully persistent about this issue. Don't just take the party line from the dealer and go home. be willing to contact the Ford home office customer service.

And do your homework, once you have read the hundreds of other posts and if you have ever owned another brand like the VW GTI-same type transmission, then you are better equipped to continue seeking a resolution.
I've noticed the same thing with regard to ambient temperature. As the temps in MD have dropped to the 40s and 50s the grinding noise is pretty much gone. The first time I noticed it was last year during an indian summer.

Think ford is trying to gauge how much/little they need to do to fix this problem. There are certainly cases of broken seals causing clutch problems. does every DCT that shows wonky behavior have a bad seal? Maybe they can figure out how to give it an ultrasound.

It is interesting that more stories seem to be popping up on the forums about folks getting their clutches replaced.