Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My '12 SE Picture/Project Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #442
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Points 21,629, Level 92
Points: 21,629, Level: 92 Points: 21,629, Level: 92 Points: 21,629, Level: 92
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFocusAgain View Post
i like what your doin with your YB focus its unique. the only YB foci are hatches and old people are driving them lol. I hear the YB focus is kinda rare...i see them all the time here?
Thanks!

We've been told that only 4,123 exist in that colour. Oddly enough, sedans outnumbered hatches though, by a lot.

There are a few in my area, but it's still uncommon to see them. I'm pretty sure a couple are within the neighbourhoods surrounding mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinesi2 View Post
The vinyl on the tails looks really good. I might have to steal that from you, although I might still just tint the whole light.

Going back a few posts, I think keeping the front lip, side rockers, and rear lower half of the bumper satin black will be better, since I think it makes the car look a bit slimmer, if that makes any sense. Side diffusers and a lower rear valence in black would be even better, since it makes the car appear a bit lower. Just my $0.019
Tinting the whole light was the other option I was pondering, but I decided to keep it simple for now and try just a portion. Being vinyl, I can always change it later.

I completely understand what you're getting at. Just for me the practicality aspect is a major bonus, and it still looks good.
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.