Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #22
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisS197 View Post
I do hope Ford extends the warranty for people on a certain build date so they can do the right thing and keep their customers for life.
They're going to have to kiss ass if they ever want me to buy another new Ford product. I already bought an ESP, but it's useless if:

1) They deny it's broken
2) They charge me with $125 in "diagnosis fees" because [see point 1]

I've done all that I can and I can't lose $6k by selling this car. My options are now:

1) Live with it
2) Crash the car into a tree to ensure I'll either total the car or need a new transmission (hmmm http://www.impactauto.ca/runList?act...FOCUS&rowpos=0)
3) Drive like an ass to ensure the clutch falls apart within the warranty period
4) Have a private shop fix it/fix it myself

I don't really like any of those options. The car has 38k miles, so it's well past lemonability. I'm open to your suggestions.

Current plan is somewhere between "Live with it" or taking it to the dealer once more (there is a possibility that I'll get charged $125) if that happens, I'll pay it and then ask to purchase $800 in new parts and do it myself. It's well-documented that they can only deny warranty claims if they have proof that what you did damaged the vehicle. So if I go to a mom&pop shop and pay a tech to loosen the bolts on my bell housing and oil starts coming out. Can I then have it towed to Ford and just pay the shop the $15 of their time I wasted? I could certainly do it myself, but I feel like that would be more difficult to say "I didn't break it."