Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Tune to clean up driveability, help MPG?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones33 View Post
I read about the fast idle, rpm hang on shifts, 2000rpm on clutch in coasting etc. and am experiencing this myself. Is it really "normal"? It is really, really annoying. Will an existing tune make the engine behave correctly, you know, like an engine should?
I can do you a tune that will cure these issues to your driving style and liking

Quote:
In addition, I'm looking for an MPG optimized tune when out of open loop/WOT mode. The aforementioned engine speed issues adversely affect MPG, also I'm noticing deceleration fuel cut will not start unless the engine is above like 3000rpm, I would like this to start at no higher than 2000rpm and end at 1200 or so.
Lets try a tune first then if we need to play with the fuel cuts we can trim them some , playing with the fuel cuts can change how the car drives , there are other / better ways to get a good MPG tune

Quote:
Lastly, I would like a lean cruise mode where under a certain load like 65% the mixture trim goes lean to like 16 or 17:1 or so. Obviously open loop/WOT would be an optimized, safe mixture.
This I wouldnt do in a tune , raising the A/F to anything above about 15 will run the EGT up a good bit and could damage things over long peroids of time , 16-17 would cause super high EGT , bucking , sluggish , spk knock , low mpg etc , fuel is there to cool the cyl as much as making power / torque

I charge 399.00 and 20.00 for the xcal3 , full custom tune and free tune updates as you add more NA mods , you also get my datalogging services where I can take over your laptop and set up the datalog list and do the first datalog like I was sitting in the car with you showing you how to use everything

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus