Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ford Focus ST vs WRX vs GTi vs Volvo C30 vs Civic SI vs Veloster Turbo vs Mazdaspeed 3
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #90
dtecPwr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54622
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange SVT 3 door #2176

Points 1,562, Level 22
Points: 1,562, Level: 22 Points: 1,562, Level: 22 Points: 1,562, Level: 22
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 dtecPwr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
Fixed! Although, I should point out that while doing 0-60 in a straight line (and under 5 seconds) is fun, I think having all that torque available at a low rpm for coming out of turns fast is more fun.
To each his own though.
Actually, I've been meaning to ask, do you actually see that 4.8s in the real world? I had heard that it required a dead start, dropping the clutch, and perfect shifts to obtain.
Alright I read through all these pages and everyone has talked about every car on this list except one...the Volvo C30 T5

Has anyone looked at how close the performance numbers are between the new ST and the C30??? The C30 is based of the old mk2 focus ST in europe, so comparing number you can see how the new mk3 ST has slightly improved over the last model.

With that said as I am looking at new car I am comparing those two vehicles directly. Both cars look amazing, gas mileage is about the same, booth are 6-speeds, and both are boosted. Now here is where the C30 pulls ahead in my book...first its a 3 door hatch! Ford doesn't even offer that anymore. Second the new ST sounds like crap compared to that Volvo T5 goodness! Third it is pretty easy to build power on a T5 with simple bolt on's and tune. In the end the volvo is considered a premium car with great quality materials and reliability.

Anyone else agree???