Originally Posted by JMD787
Hey guys and girls. I came across a way to train new TPMS sensors. Use this if you're installing winter wheels/tires that have sensors already installed, or even if you are just doing a tire rotation. Not sure if this has been posted before. I tried searching but didn't see it posted anywhere. No need to go and buy the TPMS learning tool.
1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi. Mine is 40psi.
2) Turn ignition to the on position. If you have a push button start, push the start button without pressing the brake pedal.
3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.
4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".
5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.
6) Repeat for the the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.
7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.
8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure.
Whaaattt!!?!? I am so going to try this! I presume you'll need to have driven on the tires a little bit beforehand to "wake up the sensors"?
2012 FF Ti HB Kona Blue, Built 5/24/2011, 401A + Ti Handling Package, Parking Technology Package, Winter Package, Moonroof, and MFT w/NAV at v3.6 75k miles and counting...