Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Way to go Ford....
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #75
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
I don't believe there are problems anymore. After they updated my transmission I haven't had one problem.
So because *you* don't have problems means that the problems just no longer exist? That's very naive and short-sighted thinking.

Mostly every major review site/magazine/publication in the world has had issues with the DCT. Not just the initial batch either. I've had my car at the dealership 6+ times for the issue and they refuse to do anything about it (3 dealerships in the area). The shudder is *bad*. I've driven 15+ cars (most likely 20+) that have a dual-clutch transmission, 3 of them with dry clutch varieties. This is not the "norm" for dual-clutch transmissions...it's an issue with the software that Ford created to handle the shifting patterns and the learning mode.

Please, tell me I should drive my car differently. Try and make the point that the way I drive should influence whether the car performs well or not. No learning mode, no matter how sophisticated, should *EVER* be able to learn in a way that reduces the efficiency or longevity of the engine. If the transmission has learned in a way that is actually doing damage to the drivetrain, in any way, it is *faulty*. It shouldn't be possible.

The problem *does* still exist, and Ford refuses to look into it. That's why their customer service rating is low.