Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Best Blue Oval product? (under $30k)
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #13
ZugZugg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105722
What I Drive: 2011 Mazda MX-5 miata

FF Reputation: 1 ZugZugg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
My one primary regret with this car is not waiting for the ST to come out. Also, I've got a clunk in my right front suspension that bothers the hell out of me, but I might have it fixed this time. I've yet to see an ST owner complain of suspension noise, strangely enough. I'm not sure what Ford changed, but whatever they did, it seems to have worked.

Honestly, though, the '12 SE Sport Focus is great. Decent power, really good handling, and you're right, I love this color. I've also added Eibach pro-kits, ST struts/strut mounts, a thicker rear sway, and Koni Yellow rear shocks to bump the handling up a few notches. So, basically I've turned my car into a pseudo-ST1 without the brakes or drivetrain.

But if you want a car that performs well out of the box, go for the ST.

Also, I'd recommend the ST1, personally. The MFT headaches aren't worth it to me to get the Recaros; the base radio is the same as what I have in my SE, and it works fairly flawlessly (as long as you don't use an ipod touch).

Additionally, the sport seats in the ST1 are basically the same seats that are in my 203a SE Sport, and they're awesome. I have no fatigue on long drives with these seats, and the bolstering is still pretty decent.
Thanks for the honest feedback.

Everyone keeps bashing on MFT, and it's gotten to the point where I'm starting to believe that they might be right. But at the same time, it can't be that bad, can it?