Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Get your D23 crew # here.
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #65
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboyd351 View Post
Has anyone had an issue with a P2004 diagnostic code?

I had one coming up after getting a pretty bad miss/stumble off idle. Runs fine at higher rpm.
After searching on “Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open” and “Code
P2004”. Found code can be caused by 1) plugged or leaking vacuum hoses 2) bad PVC valve 3) the electrical pigtail not making good contact 4) plastic bushings that hold the runner on failing 5) the DSI clip breaking 6) Dirty contacts inside the IRCM (there are step by step instructions to clean this contact for the 2.0 L Focus on the Focus Fanatics Forum. Have tried to replace PVC valve, but have bought one from 2 different shops (Advance and Napa) and neither looks like the right part.

Turns out most of these, especially 4-6, are related to the Intake manifold on the 2.0 liter engine which is completely different.

So far I've cleaned the injectors, replaced all the coils, all the plugs, all the oxygen sensors and one of the Intake manifold control runners (unknown to me, it turns out there 2 of them).

Replacing the coils pretty much eliminates the miss, but the P2004 code won't go away.I've still got one
Intake Manifold Runner Control left to replace, but short of replacing/reprogramming the PCM, I've about run out of options. The only other one is the PVC valve, but I've been to 2 different auto stores and the ones they say fit don't seem to be anything like the one on top of the throttle body (That is where the PCV valve is, correct?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wrong place, But I'll answer you= See if your get power to the swirl control valve electrical connector on the drivers side. If you are then you need to replace the swirl control valve. A quick way to test it is switch the connector w/ the other one w/ the vacum line.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131