Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Way to go Ford....
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #65
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout706 View Post
They don't take advertising, so, what influences their results?
Selling magazines I'd guess. If they're biased it generates controversy and thus publicity about their magazine, at least that's about the best I can come up with. Otherwise they're just a bunch of idiots and have no reason for being biased other than their own personal opinions.

Have you ever seen the reason why they put cars, or anything really, on their "Do Not Recommend List"? They are typically off-the-wall, stupid reasons that have no impact on whether the product is actually good or not. As an example they put the Ford Edge on the "Do Not Buy" list because of the MFT being to complicated to use. Not that it's poorly made, uncomfortable, or unreliable, just that it has a complicated optional feature.

If you're going to buy a new car I think the last place you should probably looks is a publication that tests toasters in the same way it tests cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
Anybody who even now continues to maintain that there aren't real problems with the DCT or MFT simply has their head in the sand .... or somewhere else
I don't believe there are problems anymore. After they updated my transmission I haven't had one problem.