Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Help me choose my next suspension setup!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
dirtbiker348
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56380
What I Drive: 02 CD Silver SVT

Points 2,603, Level 31
Points: 2,603, Level: 31 Points: 2,603, Level: 31 Points: 2,603, Level: 31
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 dirtbiker348 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Help me choose my next suspension setup!

Recently I ran over a rock, almost a foot off the ground, that was in the middle of the road. It was dark and i didnt see it until the last second. As a result i bent the rim, blew the wheel bearing, needed a new axle, alignment got set off and my strut blew.

So i got everything fixed but the strut because for some reason they didnt see that it was blown.

I have the Eibach pro-kit and I wasnt too fond of it to begin with. (the rear struts started squeeking after about 15k) Im thinking about either getting stock svt suspension or Bilstein monotubes so i never have to worry about bottoming out again. My only concern with the Bilstein kit is that it comes with the same springs that I have and I didnt think they were stiff enough for how low they drop the car to begin with.

My question is if I got the Bilstein kit would I notice a handling difference with the same springs but better monotube struts.? I feel like the better dampening of the monotube will compensate for the softer eibach spring but i dont want to regret buying them like i did my pro-kit.

I really dont want to buy twin tubes after this happening since I live in the sticks and something like this could happen again. I could care less about ride quality i just want to handle the best possible and I like the monotube design. Do you guys think the monotubes are worth it over the stock svt kit?