dataloging problem ...
So last night I was trying to help a buddy tune his truck. We got it running a bit better simply by luck.
Problem is we couldn't datalog it.
We can log about 10-15 seconds and then the log stops. Try to reconnect and it won't.
Disconnect the OBD plug and wait a minute, re plug it in and try to reconnect. Nothing, still can't connect.
Then I'm not sure what we do. But after more time and doing something, we can connect again,,, for 10-15 seconds.
We updated everything, software, drivers, firmware. Same thing.
Tried logging through Gen II and LL 6.5, both kick a guy out.
Odd thing is while we're locked out we can scan for codes, none present.
I'm at a loss. He was going to call Don (who he bought everything from) and see what his idea's are. But I'm looking for a second opinion.
If any of it matters,
Vehicle: 1997 F-150 w/5.4 Lightning swap + mods on E-85 (KJJ3)
Software: Advantage III, Live Link 6.5, xCal III (3000 unit)
Don't "think outside the box".
There is no box.
Do it correct, or do it twice.