Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Fog Light Installation - S Model (with Pics)
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #67
Hybrid dude
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105166
What I Drive: 2013 C-Max Hybrid

FF Reputation: 1 Hybrid dude Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the additional instructions.
Here's another thought on my last ditch effort to use the factory switch. If this process has been discussed in a previous page, please excuse the duplication.

I read that you made your own relay boxes but would it be possible to make a control module, for lack of a better term. I mean, assuming the factory switch that has the fog button uses one more pin on the back than the switch that doesn't (I have not compared the two), then could you just attach a wire to that specific fog pin and have it connect to this new box? Could that box then be attached to the relay, fuse, battery and lights?

Sorry for my lack of proper electrical terms. The fog button simply activates some other device in the existing module, so why can't we just make an additional module, make sense?

On the other hand, I guess I could wait it out and either hope that Ford makes an accessory foglight kit, as they did with some versions of the F-150 or trade mine in for an SEL model in a few years. If the decision to offer such a kit is based on sales volume, I don't think it would ever happen.