Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Starting new build, need advice.
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #7
Kipp
FocusFest Event Team

Fan#: 31300
What I Drive: 2013 F150 4x4 SCrew 5.0

FF Reputation: 9 Kipp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
plastidip is a good option. It does have some texture to it, but how much depends on how well you spray it. that also gives you the option to remove is later if you want a different color or put back to stock. What I have always used for interior painting is Krylon Fusion. It is designed to work on plastic without major prep work (no primer, just clean and paint). This will work on any hard plastic. If you're wanting to paint over the softer material in the car like the armrests, then plastidip will work better for that. Same goes for the outside. Paint or dip will work and each has it's own benefits.

I did krylon on the interior and works great, however on parts that get touched often (around radio, near door handles) it has faded and needs to be redone (keep in mind I just use the paint without any clearcoat over it). the ext I did plastidip black on my spoiler and rear emblems. ran it through a brushed carwash a few hours after spraying and it peeled one corner a little off one of the emblem letters, but the rest was fine (didn't let it set long enough after spraying).
Midwest Crew #22
Official FocusFest Event Planner