Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ken Block and Vaughn Gittin Jr. race Focus ST and GTI through abandoned neighborhood
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #8
nuskool
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47585
What I Drive: 07 silver ZX5 SES slushbox

FF Reputation: 1 nuskool Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehubster View Post
ya that was pretty sweet. I love the ST its just to much!! the GTI is like 5,000 less then the ST. Great video though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
Being a Ford the ST will probably end up being cheaper at some point. Not exactly sure where you get the 5k figure from either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmoose View Post
I'd really like to see them compare it to the VW .:R20. Although no matter what it's never going to be a fair comparison. The ST falls just in between the GTI and .:R when it comes to price and performance.
I just went to the VW site and a new GTI is $23,9xx and the .:R is 33,9xx. And according to Edmunds The Focus ST starts @ 23,700. So any way you slice it the Ford is the better deal.
(The Ford site isn't as forthcoming with prices as they want you "build" the car you want and then get the price)

I just may need to consider one in a few years when I can afford a used one.

Oh and as far as HP, the Focus is right there with the .:R. The .:R being AWD likely has a little less at the wheels, but should handle better for the same reason.