Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Snorkel Delete
Thread: Snorkel Delete
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #118
ducati20
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105190
What I Drive: 2012 White SEL

FF Reputation: 1 ducati20 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
You will definitely notice a better throttle response with the K&N. The initial lag will disappear and response will feel much more cleaner and linear. Some placebo, but driveability is greatly improved.

Before doing the Newmission or a variant, take into consideration your average trip. My car is a work commuter, and my commute is mainly in-town/rural. I saw an average loss of 3-4 mpg with the Newmission and my scoop. That being said, others that have mainly highway commuting report seeing good gains, and the one extended highway trip that I took also supported that.

For my driving and current setup, this intake setup has shown to be the best all around. I literally ordered a new airbox (entire box w/maf sensor and OEM filter for abt $120 through Steve at Tousley, and the only way you can get the lower half of the airbox) to de-Newmission completely. That being said, I am going to revisit the Newmission mod once I build my custom exhaust to retest on that setup

Thanks for posting and I look forward to seeing your results
I'm not super concerned about gas mileage, I'm coming from a heavily modified Mustang that got 17 mpg city and 21 highway... (CAI, new rear end, headers, racing tune, lowered..). Whatever the focus gets is gonna be better!! I do have a lot of plans, but going slow and researching a lot since this is my first 4 banger that I felt was worth modifying...
I almost bought an ST, but my SEL was just too good of a deal to pass up on!