Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - ??? Which to buy 05 or 07 ???
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #14
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,521, Level 98
Points: 27,521, Level: 98 Points: 27,521, Level: 98 Points: 27,521, Level: 98
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRTAYLOR View Post
these little cars with all their computers and such confuse me.
Again thank you, I will get the 05.
There are some things you should be warned against. Do not under any circumstances purchase and install an underdrive kit unless you understand how to properly time this engine. Ford has decided that it no longer needs keyways or keys in the crank to hold a pulley still. They use a diamond hard friction surface on the inside of the pulley that grips the crank's collar. There is no keyway. Timing is done by the use of some special tools that cost about $20, and you basically align the cams with a bar, and position the crank at TDC #1 where a little screw will line up with a hole in the crank. People have destroyed their engines trying to install underdrive kits on Duratec engines. These are simple power adders for other engines, but not these.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.