Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off"
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #91
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103341
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard35 View Post
FWIW.....I have figured out with my Titanium with remote start that if I have started the car, with the remote starter, all I have to do for the car "NOT" to shut off is to open the car by using the unlock button on the keyless entry key fob. So long as I do that, the car will remain on even when I open the door. If I try to use the intelligent access opening of the car door (touch one of the door handles and then open the door) then the car will shut off.
I seem to remember doing the same thing the first time I used the remote start on my car. I then used the intelligent access to open the door each time after and couldn't figure out why the car shutoff. Your post reminded me that I wasn't going nuts and I must have unlocked with the fob. However, I do remember hitting the brake and the car shutting off. What's the trick to keep it running once you are ready to drive away? Push start without brake?

Edit: I just confirmed my car shuts off no matter how I try to enter when its started via remote. I didn't receive any documentation but have found the module behind the glove box. Does it have switches in there somewhere to change options?

Edit 2: I wish I had the last 30 minutes of my life back. Attempted reprogramming to disable horn and engine cutoff when opening doors. I could enter programming and cycle through the banks but I couldn't get it to do anything else. I then remembered reading you're supposed to toggle the option using the fob. I was using the button to select banks. I now have my 12 Ti remote starting with no horn and I can get in it and drive off without the engine cutting off. The only feature that no longer works is the remote cutoff.

Last edited by peridigm; 11-03-2012 at 02:06 PM.