Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Camshaft specs...FINALLY!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
jlawlax1344
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99464
What I Drive: 2003-CD Silver-SPI-5spd

FF Reputation: 1 jlawlax1344 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Camshaft specs...FINALLY!!!

To anyone curious or trying to replace or get an aftermarket cam for their SPI, i did some research and talked to some buddies in the machine shop and finally have specs for the cam!!!

at .050 lift it has a duration of 186 degrees for the intake and exhaust and it has 134 degrees of lobe separation.

Aftermarket options: the only ones i really found are from http://www.cranecams.com/view.php?s_id=5
then select the 74-87 2000cc-2300cc SOHC engine and viola!!!!!
you now can order cams from a basic upgrade to major head work and swap for mechanical roller cams for drag racing (yes it sounds weird that this is the engine, but talking to friends that have worked on this engine and getting specs and talking to crane cams, these should fit perfectly into out engine with the obvious springs, retainers, lifters, and keepers upgraded!!!!)

2 12" rockford fosgate subs,1500w Hifonics amp, throttle spacer, performance chip, FSWerks 2.5" race exhaust, custom CAI w/Spectre 10.5x6 filter Blue leds all around pulsating in the trunk, smoked taillights and turn signals