Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off"
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #90
Blizzard35
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88463
What I Drive: 2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 2 Blizzard35 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixNay View Post
Hello,

I hope I am not beating a dead horse here by bringing this topic back alive after several months, but i have an issue.

I have a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback with Push Button Start with a Ford remote starter installed. I have been through this topic several times reading what people have tried and I have printed out suggestions with no success. Basically, I have the same issue as others regarding starting the car via remote then opening the door and the car shuts off.

I located the remote start module and push button up and behind the passenger side glove box. When I press the button and hold it for 10 seconds nothing happens, no horn chirping (While the car is running). I did notice that when I press the button and hold or if I just press and release the button that a red LED light flashes 3 times.

Am I currently missing something?

I do have an active "MyKey" which I have tried to reset to the default Non-Active, but it will not reset. The manual states that if I go to "Settings" then to my key and hold the down-arrow button it will reset. Mine scrolls to the mykey miles then back to the mykey active message without resetting. My remote start is the uni-directional I believe.

If you have any ideas suggestions I would appreciate it

Thanks
FWIW.....I have figured out with my Titanium with remote start that if I have started the car, with the remote starter, all I have to do for the car "NOT" to shut off is to open the car by using the unlock button on the keyless entry key fob. So long as I do that, the car will remain on even when I open the door. If I try to use the intelligent access opening of the car door (touch one of the door handles and then open the door) then the car will shut off.