Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - HVAC vent selector / upper blend door - faulty design or repairable?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussH View Post
Crystal,

I have a 2009 SE which started this week blowing air out of the dash vents only regardless of the selector setting.

The car only has 32,000 miles and has already had the ignition switch replaced and a rough idle condition checked under warranty. The rough idle condition was not addressed by the dealer with the claim that is normal for the Focus model. The car idled smooth when I bought it with 14,000 miles on it and the rough idle developed at around 25,000 miles, therefore, it is not normal for this car. The car was taken to the dealer for those two issues in July, 2012.

Now the HVAC system has failed with symptoms similar to those decribed in the posts above. The 3/36 warranty expired at the end of August, 2012. I know the amount of labor involved to remove the HVAC box from a car. Will Ford cover this issue?

Russ
Hi RussH,

Since you are out of your warranty period, it isn't likely that this repair would be covered by Ford. I would advise that you either contact your dealership or the Customer Relationship Center to get a definitive answer. The CRC can be reached at 1-800-392-3673.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply