Originally Posted by xEzekialx
Putting it back together is more of a concern to me. plus getting the retro kit in there seems difficult.
Here's the quick description
1. Remove headlight assembly
2. Heat in oven, I did 285 for 15-20 mins
3. Pry lens off (you can use a heat gun to keep it warm and a partner helps) Use screwdrivers. Small to get it started and as soon as you cans slip a bigger one in do it so you don't make little indents in the lens from twisting the tiny flat heads
4. Once lens is off, clear out the sealant from the channel and off of the lens. (heat gun and an assortment of screwdrivers works. It took my Gf and I probably 20 minutes to clean them out, she heated a few inches of the channel up pretty hot and I pried the stuff out. Sometimes you get lucky and pull it out in 4-6 inch strips.
5. Grind the 3 "tabs" where the original bulb went down so the hole is round. They are on the inside of the reflector. Also drill a hole below the bulb hole for your high beam solenoid wires to run through.
6. Mount your Morimoto Mini H1. The back bowl of these is threaded so you put it through the hole and put the nut on the back and tighten it.
7.Take them out to your car (assuming you already ran your wiring), mount them and aim them (by turning the front of the projector). Take them off, tighten the nut, mount them on the car again, make sure it stayed level. I repeated this a few times to make sure I got it right. Mine are great!
8. Run a nice (but not to thick) size strip of butyl windshield/headlight sealant in the channel.
9. Heat the channel around the whole assembly nice and warm. Apply the lens. I used some pressure clamps to squeeze it together good for 10-15 mins.
Just this should make you want to do it :)