Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - HVAC vent selector / upper blend door - faulty design or repairable?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
RussH
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105543
What I Drive: 2009 Silver FE

FF Reputation: 1 RussH Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi LynneK,

Have you swung by your local Ford dealership so they can take a look? Ford certified techs are in the best position to diagnose and repair your vehicle. You may also want to contact Ford Canada at 1-800-565-3673; they'll coordinate efforts with your dealer and work on a resolution.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me via PM.

Have a great day!
Crystal

Crystal,

I have a 2009 SE which started this week blowing air out of the dash vents only regardless of the selector setting.

The car only has 32,000 miles and has already had the ignition switch replaced and a rough idle condition checked under warranty. The rough idle condition was not addressed by the dealer with the claim that is normal for the Focus model. The car idled smooth when I bought it with 14,000 miles on it and the rough idle developed at around 25,000 miles, therefore, it is not normal for this car. The car was taken to the dealer for those two issues in July, 2012.

Now the HVAC system has failed with symptoms similar to those decribed in the posts above. The 3/36 warranty expired at the end of August, 2012. I know the amount of labor involved to remove the HVAC box from a car. Will Ford cover this issue?

Russ