Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #122
wassrock
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105163
What I Drive: 2012, black,sel

FF Reputation: 1 wassrock Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreene View Post
I definitely understand your frustration as I went through the exact same situation for quite a few months. My grinding noise started off only being once and a while and it progressed rapidly over the next month. I brought it to the dealer and was told on at least 3 occasions that the noise was a "normal characteristic" and i was "wasting my time". I felt as frustrated as you. I began doing research, posting threads on here, and finally taking video of the noise. http://youtu.be/KS8bTHAzkUU Here's a link. I bet yours sounds just like mine did. Anyways, the shaking got so violent and so frequent that it was happening along every take off. And the grinding blender sounding noise happened every single time I drove the car. Finally, my dealer listened and took the car in. My clutch was replaced (not with ease might i add) and though I have a horrible smelling car... I will say it drives smoothly! (Thus far) Take my story to your dealer... I know they don't wanna hear it but this is a problem Ford knows about and there is a fix.
My dealership would like to know who repaired your car so that they can talk to them and find out the fix....Thank you. It's Bob Allen Ford in Overland Park, KS It would be most helpful if you could provide to them who helped you.
Thank you.