Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #121
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102678
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jagreene Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassrock View Post
It was not disclosed at the time of my purchasing a Ford Focus 2012, that over time, 'noises' will be heard from the powershift 6 speed transmission while driving. If this had been disclosed I would not have purchased the Focus!! Who would buy a car knowing that noises are going to occur. At 8500 miles, they started and are increasing in noise and frequency. The dealership has had my Focus 5 weeks, I have not had a loaner as the 'engineers' say this is a normal characteristic for a Ford Focus. There is nothing to be done. The car is under warranty. I didn't purchase it to have 'noises' from the transmission occur and am dubious that it's not a safety issue. Friends were going to buy a Ford as I raved about my Focus prior to this occurring and now will not go near Ford and are declaring why they won't. The dealership states that they are at the mercy of Ford and cannot help me. So this is customer service?? this is good pr. My job requires that I have clients driving with me. They are asking me what's up with your car?? Why isn't something being done. I am asking the say question. Having been through the customer service line and hearing ad nauseum, We are sorry for the inconvenience. I don't believe that either. Do not buy Ford!
I definitely understand your frustration as I went through the exact same situation for quite a few months. My grinding noise started off only being once and a while and it progressed rapidly over the next month. I brought it to the dealer and was told on at least 3 occasions that the noise was a "normal characteristic" and i was "wasting my time". I felt as frustrated as you. I began doing research, posting threads on here, and finally taking video of the noise. http://youtu.be/KS8bTHAzkUU Here's a link. I bet yours sounds just like mine did. Anyways, the shaking got so violent and so frequent that it was happening along every take off. And the grinding blender sounding noise happened every single time I drove the car. Finally, my dealer listened and took the car in. My clutch was replaced (not with ease might i add) and though I have a horrible smelling car... I will say it drives smoothly! (Thus far) Take my story to your dealer... I know they don't wanna hear it but this is a problem Ford knows about and there is a fix.