Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Useless TPMS?
Thread: Useless TPMS?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #85
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,584, Level 65
Points: 9,584, Level: 65 Points: 9,584, Level: 65 Points: 9,584, Level: 65
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
I'm not "arguing" with you suss, I telling you facts... we've had 5 Ford vehicles (including the 3 that we presently own), and we've switched winter wheels and summer wheels on all of them, several times over the years. You mean to tell me, I've gotten "lucky", each and every single time?? Come on now.... Even my dealer said I wouldn't have any issues, which in fact, I haven't. I've even heard from friends (with F150's), that "cheaped out" and just put winter "steelies" on without sensors (so, the dash warning was on all the time), anyway, they have told me that pulling up to another newer F150 (with the factory wheels still on) at a stop light, has temporarily made their warning light go out due to very close proximity to the working sensors beside them. I've heard this multiple times... why is that do you think? It tells me that they "auto train"....
The sensors that were already programmed from the factory can be rotated without re-training as the documentation says they were still known to the vehicle, however they will no longer accurately reflect their location on the vehicle to the car's computer without having been re-trained.

Now will it possibly see sensor and shut up even if it doesn't know their ids or locations possibly, but that's simply due to RF interference as stated in the manual, the vehicle wouldn't know where they are or why its reading them. However at a stop the sensors are basically inert anyway as they only send about one pulse every 60 seconds while in motion above 30 kph.

The documentation states that they may use a sensor that was not on the vehicle but was known to be good during the training exersize to verify that it was not the sensor that could not be trained but rather the TPMS module failing to recognize a sensor properly.

Last edited by suss6052; 11-01-2012 at 01:07 PM.