Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Useless TPMS?
Thread: Useless TPMS?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #83
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
No where does the ford documentation say they are self setting. In fact quite the opposite. Only the originally trained sensors will still be known to the car, although they would retain their old position data even if rotated.

Maybe you've gotten lucky and that once they were trained the id's aren't forgotten, however that's not the way its supposed to work.

I'm not "arguing" with you suss, I telling you facts... we've had 5 Ford vehicles (including the 3 that we presently own), and we've switched winter wheels and summer wheels on all of them, several times over the years. You mean to tell me, I've gotten "lucky", each and every single time?? Come on now.... Even my dealer said I wouldn't have any issues, which in fact, I haven't. I've even heard from friends (with F150's), that "cheaped out" and just put winter "steelies" on without sensors (so, the dash warning was on all the time), anyway, they have told me that pulling up to another newer F150 (with the factory wheels still on) at a stop light, has temporarily made their warning light go out due to very close proximity to the working sensors beside them. I've heard this multiple times... why is that do you think? It tells me that they "auto train"....
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)