Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Useless TPMS?
Thread: Useless TPMS?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #81
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawxcar View Post
Tell me this, if you have a tire sensor telling you that there's low pressure in a tire, you're going to keep driving without physically getting out to look at it? I know I'd get out and make a judgement call on it and inspect the other tires to make sure it's only one. It's a good idea to have the reset tool, but ford also does it for free. Meh
OK, if I have a tire sensor telling me that there is low pressure I'm going to keep driving without physically getting out to look at it. There, you said to tell you that so I told you that.

In reality I pulled into the next service area (that was only a couple of miles up the Thruway) and checked them all out (and filled up my tank since I was there). Visually appeared fine. To be sure, when I got to my brother-in-law's house I checked my pressure, which was fine. Just got them put on the day before and they filled them all to specs when putting them on. Just apparently forgot the reset the sensors when they were done.

I still can't find any printed evidence, from Ford or otherwise, that suggests they are self-training.