Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Useless TPMS?
Thread: Useless TPMS?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #75
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron.b View Post
Well I've got 1000 miles on my snow tires and no warning yet. Copper icum..... R u sure they didn't remove your sensors? To me it looks like they auto program
No, the sensors are still there. Where do you park at night though, relative to where you keep your tires? It is a proximity thing. One of the sales guys at my dealership got his Focus a week after mine last year (even though he ordered a week before me, he was pissed when mine showed up and he didn't have his yet). He got winters but didn't bother with the sensors. He also keeps his summers in the garage where he parks every night. I asked him if he ran into any problems and he said he didn't at first but outside of work an minor errands, he was always back in his garage every evening. When he took his family out of state to visit some relatives for the holidays they drove for the day, stayed in a hotel, and the next morning when he went out to continue on, his warning came on.

I have a small garage (I don't even park in it, I park in front of it) so I keep my extra set of tires in the shed in the back corner of my yard, away from where I park. I'm running back to dealership on Saturday so I'll confirm either way but as others have said, if they self-program why do they sell the tool to reset them (and why did they have to reset them the last two times they swapped my tires)?