Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - JRSC just installed....car will turn over but won't idle
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
mj22
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 32067
What I Drive: 2003 silver 2.0. zetec

FF Reputation: 1 mj22 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey again Everyone

So I did a datalog and the car is reading 0 fuel rail psi. So I make the assumption this is a fueling problem.

The fuel system appears to prime just fine. Possibly this is what is providing me sufficient fuel to kick the car over and let it run for couple of seconds.

I also took the return line of the fuel rail (Australian Focus have a return fuel system) and attached a hose to the return feed for the fuel rail then to a bucket. Turned the ignition key and had plenty of fuel was coming through the fuel rail as the fuel system ws attempting to prime.

My question now. What does everyone think the likely cause is for the fuel rail to be reading 0 psi?

I have checked all the fuses and relaya (switched the relays around with others of the same type), all of the various connectors are connected/clipped up properly.

Could it be an issue with the vacuum line between the fuel pressure sensor and intake manifold? However I assume the fuel pressure sensor is seeing vacuum on start up as it is t'd into the same line as my boost gauge which shows vacuum on start up. I followed the vacuum line configuration advised by OJ as mentioned discussed in a couple of threads over on FJ

Alternately could this be tune related? ie. tune is setup for different injectors by error or something along those lines?

Anything else anyone can think would be causing the problem?

Again any help would be great as I am very keen to get the car back on the road.

Thanks,

Mike