Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - New to SVT and cars in general
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
Quickone4u
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104673
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Quickone4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligreen View Post
Timing belt eh? My car guy says it would be nice to preemptively replace that but it isn't required until 120k, considering I've got only 73k do you think I could go for a cold air intake before the timing belt replacement? Thanks for the quick response! It seems like a lot of people really love this car, I am falling for her ;)
Definitely not! The book may say it isn't required until then (although I haven't seen that) but it most definitely is a preventative maintenance that you should have done first off on the list! Otherwise you will be looking at spending a lot more if the belt or a pulley decides to fail and you end up damaging valves/pistons and so on! No kidding get it done. I have read where most recommend doing it in a 60,000-80,000 mile range and yes people have had failures in this mileage range. Others will chime in to back this up but trust me, this is the #1 thing that I have read about making sure is done regarding the SVTs regardless of shape or mileage! No kidding!